Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Miracle

So here I am, at 2:21, writing my blog, a minute after school has ended.

But wait.

I didn't go to school today.

You know why?

Cuz we had a freaking SNOW DAY.

That's right, I'll say it to you again: we. had. a. snow. day. WE NEVER HAVE SNOW DAYS! I was eating my breakfast, when I heard the name of our school district on the news. I couldn't believe my ears. I ran to the TV, grabbed the remote, and rewound, pushed "play," rewound, pushed "play," rewound, and pushed "play" again.


I couldn't believe it. A FREAKING SNOWDAY. I would have gone back up to go to sleep, but i was far too excited:



Clearly, so was everybody else. I had logged on to Facebook and Twitter to find that my news feeds were already flooded with "YAY IT'S A SNOW DAY" statuses and tweets. It truly was something to celebrate, as we haven't had a snow day in 5 years...which is ridiculous since we live in minneSNOWta. (Sorry, I know a lot of Minnesotans hate that joke, but I had to make it.)

In other news, I got callbacks for Paul, one of the characters in "A Chorus Line." It's pretty exciting, but as one of my friends wisely advised me, I shouldn't get my hopes too high. After all, it'll only make having them crushed hurt more. Anyway, Paul has a really emotional monologue. You basically have to be crying at the end, and lemme tell ya, it's hard. A great audition for Paul can be found here. But I am feeling pretty good about it. There were two times where I was able to fully emotionally connect:


Well, I'm going to go be a fatty, practice my monologue, watch SMASH, or whatever the hell else I want to do.

1 comment:

  1. OMG (wow, I never say that) sorry for creeping, Lahiru, but your blog is freaking hilarious! I hardly ever laugh out loud when I read something, but this was an exception. So great!

    ReplyDelete